Why you MUST hire a Norland Nanny
Thinking of hiring a nanny and don't know where to start? Little Me London's 'Nanny Expert' Louenna Hood explains why a Norland Nanny should be your first port of call.
1. You know they are probably the most committed nannies out there - Norlands isn't an easy option - it is an intense three year degree course with lots of hard work and deadlines to meet - it isn't something you fall into by mistake. If you qualify as a Norlander then you really want to become a nanny.
2. They actually train WITH babies - Throughout training you are in constant contact with babies and children so you get lots of hands on experience. Other courses I looked into before I started training were purely run on lectures in the classroom.
3. They will probably know your baby better than you - Norlands cover all aspects of childcare - from physically taking care of a child, to their social well being, to child development and early years learning through play. You are taught what developmental milestones to look out for, and what support there is for children who are not meeting those milestones.
4. They know self defence - As Borland Nannies often end up working for celebrities and high profile couples, they are given lessons in self defence, taught how to deal with the media, and even go on a Skidpan driving course to learn how to get out of a spin if you hit icy conditions.
5. Everyone leaves with a Paediatric First Aid Certificate - invaluable.
6. They have a close knit network - Norland is a big community and there is always lots of support and advice offered to us once we are out in the workplace, I often see Norlander’s asking how they can improve a situation for a child who is poorly or has behavioural difficulties and I love seeing the replies of fellow Norlanders who all want to help.
I would also like to point out that Norland Nannies are a huge mix of different people and personalities, and it is important that you see the Norlander for who she/he is, rather than just seeing the uniform. Every Norlander brings different qualities and ideas to the family they work for, and you must chose someone who is right for you and your children.